Managed SEO Services
For most businesses, when your website is listed on the first page of Google or Bing you have an unfair advantage over your competition. Potential customers see your name at the top and you are instantly positioned as an authority.
Since 1st Page positioning is so valuable for a business, there is intense competition for those top spots. This has created an entire industry called "Search Engine Optimization (or SEO)" that can prove incredibly valuable.
But Google did not intend on creating the industry of SEO.
Google wants nothing more than for businesses to rank highly on its search engine by naturally doing what any website should do - be a valuable resource and answer the search user's question. It is that simple.
Then why is SEO so expensive?
You have probably heard some varation of this story of a major Chicago newspaper.
It was the Saturday before Christmas and the printing press malfunctioned bringing printing to a standstill. All the advertising revenue from the busiest day of the year was in jeopardy.
No one at the printer knew how to fix the printing press and so they called a retired technician. The technician came right away, studied the problem for 10 minutes, climbed onto a ladder to tighten one screw, and the printing press fired back up again without a hitch.
"Presto! Here is my invoice."
The production chief saw the invoice for $10,000 - he let out a gasp and his heart rate spiked.
"$10,000??? You were here for 10 minutes and turned one screw. You charge $10,000 to turn one screw!?!?"
The retired technician replied, "I only charge $1 to turn the screw. I charge $9,999 to know which screw to turn."
And that, my friends, is the SEO industry in a nutshell.
The Biggest Little Secret in SEO
Most of the tasks required to rank your website can be done by non-technical workers.
What I mean by this is, you already have someone in your office right now who is more than capable of executing 80% of what is needed to rank your business on the 1st page of Google.
And why wouldn't you? Once again, Google did not intend on creating SEO as an industry.
However, you are not in the business of ranking websites and you should at the very least utilize the skills of an SEO professional in an advisory capacity.
The value that we bring as SEO professionals is two-fold:
- By working with many websites, we gain expert knowledge of which activities are most effective and efficient given your specific market.
- We can leverage our digital networks across many website projects. It would not be fiscally responsible for an owner to build this network for a single website.
The science of SEO is allocating your resources to efficiently rank a website.
You can do 50 tasks each month to get ranked, or you could focus on the 5 tasks that are most important and will be enough to outrank your competition.
Introducing Managed SEO Services
With Focus & Scale's Managed SEO Services, you staff supplements our team.
For every SEO project, there are certain tasks that are highly specialized, such as strategy. Then there are other tasks that are recurring each month that are not highly specialized, and with the right coaching anyone in your office can do them.
This is probably not unlike your business. Even the most highly trained specialists like brain surgeons still have operating room techs that will hold instruments and make the surgeon more efficient.
Depending on the number of hours that your staff is available to help, your monthly SEO costs can be greatly reduced. In fact, it is common for costs to be reduced by 40-60% every month.
Here's how it works:
- Our team thoroughly researches the current state of your website and the competing websites in your market. We then propose a full service monthly fee.
- We tell you how much money you can save if your staff will commit to executing SEO tasks for "X" hours per month. "X" hours is going to differ project to project.
- Our team will coach your staff on how to do the task, we will review their work, and provide feedback to the owner or manager on the quality of the work.
- Separately from those tasks executed by your staff, Focus & Scale will execute specific SEO tasks that cannot be handled internally.
How to get started
This is where most SEO firms will either ask you to fill out a 20-part questionnaire revealing your deepest darkest secrets about your marketing budget or they have an input box where you enter your web address to receive a free SEO audit.
Free SEO audit reports you receive are garbage! They are designed to identify problems that you don't have.
I know this for a fact, because the software company that creates that SEO audit tool has tried to sell us the same thing.
Just like you cannot take one specific SEO strategy for one website in one market and then copy-paste that same strategy onto a different website in a different market . . . the exact same can be said for those SEO audit tools.
I find it particularly incredulous when the tool points out how many Facebook Likes or Twitter Followers the page has. Or says it is not connected to a social media page at all.
You need a real live audit for your website in your market.
This is not a pre-recorded video.
We want to set down with you one-on-one, share our screen with you, walk you through our analysis and explain what we are seeing, and . . . (drumroll) . . . allow you to ask questions.
Yes, I know! It's a crazy thought that someone actually wants you to see their process and allow you to ask questions.
These live audits can take from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on how many questions you have. Most of these take about 45 minutes, though.
Who is this for?
- If you are not sure what your current SEO firm does and are suspicious because you are not ranking . . . this is for you.
- If you know that ranking higher on Google would lead to more customers . . . this is for you.
- If you are un-sure if SEO is a viable and smart investment into your lead generation efforts . . . this is for you.